Non-traumatic Thumb pain
Descripción del caso
- Case Name: Non-traumatic Thumb pain
- Author’s Name: Dr Maulik S. Patel
- Author’s workplace: Private Clinic, Surat ( City ), India.
- Clinical Signs: Female – 25 yrs. Thumb base pain, snapping – few wks,
- Ultrasound: There is thickening of A1 Pulley of thumb at metacarpo-phalangeal joint. There is no tendon tear. Contralateral asymptomatic thumb shows normal A1 pulley.
- Diagnosis: Trigger thumb.
There is avulsed central slip from base of middle phalanx.
Tiny bone flakes ( 1 mm ) are present at tip of avulsed tendon slip.
Retraction of tendon edge from phalanx base is 4 mm.
Central slip is intact at distal phalanx attachment site.
Radiograph (cropped magnified Image)
Tiny bone flake in soft tissue swelling on dorsal aspect of proximal interphalangeal joint of 5th finger.